Information We Collect
When you register, contribute, sign up to receive information or participate in events or activities, or take any other action on our Site, we may ask you to give us contact information, including your name, address, landline telephone number, mobile telephone number and/or e-mail address. We may obtain information about you from outside sources and add it to or combine it with the information we collect through this Site.
How We Use Your Information
We use this information to operate this Site, send you news and information about Kairos Action’s activities, solicit your participation in and support of Kairos Action’s activities, events, and programs, and for related uses. We use your e-mail address to send such information by e-mail and may use your telephone number to call you or leave a voice message for these purposes.
We collect and maintain aggregate information about what pages supporters’ access or visit, which we use solely to improve the content of our website or online communications.
By signing up and entering your mobile or cellular telephone number, you consent to receive and authorize Kairos Action to send SMS text messages.
Program name: Kairos
Product description: Kairos Action will send periodic SMS text messages about our programs and activities.
Reply STOP to 61087 to opt out of text messages.
By signing up and entering your mobile or cellular telephone number, you consent to receive and authorize Kairos Action to call you on that number, including calls made by an automatic telephone dialing device.
Sale or Transfer of Your Information
We will not share, sell, transfer, rent or disclose your individual information to any other organization or entity EXCEPT:
- With our sister organization, Kairos Fellowship (“Kairos”), a nonprofit social welfare and advocacy organization fiscally sponsored by Allied Media Action, solely to assist that organization in carrying out its mission. You may be contacted by Kairos as a result of our disclosure of your individual information with them.
- To companies that assist us in maintaining this Site or with the Kairos Action’s activities, but only for purposes of providing services to Kairos Action and with the strict requirement that any such company will never itself have the right to contact you for any reason;
- To comply with applicable law or legal requirements (for example, a lawful subpoena), to protect our rights or property, or to protect our supporters from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful conduct, or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records;
Submitting your personal information (including e-mail address) on the Site’s sign-up page, when you take an action or make a donation, will sign you up to receive e-mails from Kairos and from the Kairos Action Fund. We may also use your first name to indicate the latest actions taken on this site.
The above sharing excludes your cell or mobile number for purposes of text messaging and excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
Kairos Action uses industry standard security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of all of the personally identifiable information that you provide to us. Our server is located in a locked, secure environment. All supplied credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment processing provider’s database.
Permission to access your personally identifiable information is granted only to you and those Kairos Action employees or contractors who need to know that information to provide services to you and who are required to keep the information confidential. Although we make good faith efforts to store information collected by this Site in a secure operating environment, we cannot guarantee complete security.
Data Protection Officer
Jacky can be contacted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (775) 799-9210.
Kairos Action complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. Kairos Action does not solicit and does not accept personally identifying information from any person under 13 years of age.
Visitors to this Site who are under 13 years of age should not use this Site except under the supervision and with the assistance of their parent or legal guardian, and should never submit any personally identifying information to the Site. For example, visitors under 13 years of age should not register, purchase or use services or take any actions on or through this Site.
Credit Card Information; Protection of Personal Information
This Site allows you to donate directly to Kairos Action by credit card. When you make a donation directly to Kairos Action through this Site, we will collect credit card information from you. That information is used solely for processing your contribution; is not maintained by the Kairos Action; and is never disclosed to anyone, for any other purpose other than for processing your contribution, under any circumstances.
Cookies and Data Tracking
A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's hard drive containing information about the user. Some parts of this Site may be password-protected. We may use a cookie (cookies reside on your computer and are under the control of your browser) to help us remember and process items that you purchase through this Site; and/or to compile aggregate data about visitors to the Site and their interaction with the Site for the purposes of improving the operation of the Site and/or offering better Site experiences and tools in the future.
We may also use third-party services such as Google Analytics. This helps us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with our Site. We may also use embedded images in emails to track open rates for our mailings, so that we can tell which mailings appeal most to the Kairos Action supporters.
We may place online advertising with third-party vendors, including Google, which will be shown on other Sites on the internet. In some cases, those third-party vendors may decide which ads to show you based on your prior visits to the Site. At no time will you be personally identified to those third-party vendors, nor will any of the information you share with us be shared with those third-party vendors. If you prefer to opt out of the use of these third-party cookies on the Site, you can do so by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt out page.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
At any point while Kairos Action is in possession of your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that Kairos Action holds about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that she holds about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – you can always ask for the data maintained about you to be erased from Kairos Action’s records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you a have a right to restrict the processing of your personal data.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data held about you transferred to another organization.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to prohibit your data from being subject to automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: You have the right to complain as outlined below.
Kairos Action, at your request, will confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Kairos Action does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organization that has determined how and why to process your data.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable—contact information listed above should be used first.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Kairos Action or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If Kairos Action intends to transfer your personal data to a third country or international organization, information about how this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Kairos Action accepts the following forms of ID when information on your personal data is requested: scan of passport page or driver’s license or other government-issued id.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being stored or used by Kairos Action, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and Kairos Action’s data protection office whose contact information is provided above.
Links to Other Sites
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
The Kairos Action complies with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. As part of that Act, all registered users of our Site may make any changes to their information at any time by contacting Kairos Action at email@example.com. Changes to billing and/or credit card information must be made through the Kairos Action staff and may be initiated by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.